Sunday, June 1, 2014

FEATURED SHOP: CRAFTY PANEEN



Hi my name is Janeen and I am Crafty Paneen! How did my shop get it's name? 


Years ago one of my best friend's kids decided to reverse everyone's name. So little ole' Janeen Perez became Paneen Jerez. The name stuck, and I've been Paneen ever since. Crafty Paneen that is! 

I live in North Carolina and I L-O-V-E Thrift Shops! ? I am an avid thrift store shopper and got into online pattern selling after seeing boxes of unloved vintages patterns at a local flea market. My grandmother was a seamstress, and my mom tried her best to teach me to sew well, but I never fell in love with it because I didn’t have the patience to sit at the machine. Ironically, my twin sister Janna is an expert seamstress and makes up her own creations. I have always admired those who do have that patience and talent. I also love the pictures and graphics on vintage sewing pattern.



Simplicity 1660
Click here to check out Crafty Paneen's Shop! 

Janeen opened her shop in June 2008. She visits thrift shops weekly and enjoys bike riding and tennis in her spare time. 

10 comments:

  1. Yay, Janeen! I love your shop, especially the 1930s and 1940s patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to learn more about our Pattern Patter team mates. You have a lovely shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janeen, I have always thought that you have a great shop! I am Janet D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great feature - I really like getting to know a little more about my teammates. Love your shop, Janeen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous feature and shop, Janeen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janeen! This is you not twin sister Janna! Very Nice Shop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to know a bit more about you (the Janeen/Paneen story is cute!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janeen, Great Story for your stores name.

    ReplyDelete